I had to share 7 Honeybook features every creative business needs because I know many of you out there are a lot like me:
- you're a small business
- you have limited resources for admin work
- you just want to focus on the things you do best
Thanks to these 7 Honeybook features, my workflow is seamless, automated and, most importantly, painless, which was definitely not the case when I started my business.
I remember using one platform for contracts, another for invoicing, and basic MS word docs for proposals. Looking back, it was a tedious for my clients and time-consuming for me, and I can't even imagine all of those steps now with a baby in tow.
Since I started using Honeybook, everything from invoicing and proposals to contracts, booking and referrals are dialed into one platform, and it's been an absolute game changer.
So here you go, from one creative to another:
7 Honeybook Features Every Creative Business Needs
- THE PIPELINE - Keeping track of dozens of clients at a time is dizzying. Thanks to the pipeline, all of my wedding clients are organized in order of their event with stages tell me where they are in the process. Whether I'm waiting for a contract signature or deposit or need to follow up for a review, I can tell what the next step is for each client all on one dashboard to keep everything flowing smoothly.
- BOOKKEEPING - Small business is nothing if not a numbers game. Since Honeybook handles all of my deposits and invoices, I can track my income month by month, as well as expenses, to keep tabs on my P&L.
- CONTRACTS - one word: yuck. Fortunately, I can breeze through them by making just a few edits each time to Honeybook's contract template. FYI - they have a basic one you can use, but it's always a good idea to have a lawyer review to make sure it covers your particular business. Once you've customized their contract, you can save the template for future needs. From there clients can sign electronically, with a quick click of the mouse.
- BRANDED TEMPLATES - I've created a handful of branded proposal and invoice templates featuring my logo and cake photos, which not only gives clients a polished, professional and consistent Cake Bloom experience with each contact, it makes the process for me super easy. You can upload beautiful imagery of your work or simply use your logo to customize files to suit your needs. Or both!
- COLLABORATIONS - One of my favorite features of this Business Management platform is the community of over 50k creatives! For newer businesses looking to build up their portfolios or earn a little extra money on the side, there are non-stop postings for styled shoots, jobs and other opportunities to network, make money or increase your brand awareness.
- AUTOMATED REMINDERS - For those times when you have a client that forgot to pay their deposit or final invoice, and you've been so busy in the kitchen, it may have slipped your mind, too, Honeybook will send them an automated reminder to pay so you can avoid that awkwardness.
- CALENDAR MANAGEMENT - Given the nature of my business, I can only handle so many cakes in a weekend. Fortunately, Honeybook will let me know when I have a conflicting project so I can determine how full my schedule is and whether I can take on any more work. Bonus feature- you can also sync your Honeybook bookings with your google calendar to keep personal life and work sorted in one spot.
Sounds pretty dreamy, huh? As far as business management tools go, I'd say it's kinda the best one-stop-shop for all your workflow needs.
If you want to see even more, use this code for a FREE TRIAL plus 50% off your first year if you decide to sign up.
No pressure, just spreading the love to my fellow creatives with a tool I use every single day in case it can help you, too.